Saturday, May 3, 2014

Daytona Beach Fishing Guide New Boat

Trial run on my new Sea Pro SV2100 Bay Boat 4-30-2014 After Switching all of my gear over to the new boat, I decided it was time to take her fishing. I launched out of Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach Florida and opened her up in the Basin. The Mercury Optimax 150 pushes her almost 50mph, which is plenty fast for me. Once I was done horsing around, I idled up the Tomoka River to cast a few lures. I started off throwing a DOA CAL paddle tail and was quickly rewarded with the first fish aboard the new boat. I am happy to say it was a Snook. As I continued up the River, I started to see a lot of serious topwater explosions. It was an overcast day, so I decided to throw on a top water, red head Zara Spook. After a couple big misses, I hooked up with a solid fish. After a few minute fight, the fish revelaed itself to be a fat 28" Redfish. After that it was a good size Jack. The water was a froth of activity but the nasty weather forced me to start heading back. What a perfect way to break in the new boat! If you want to check out my new boat, you can find pictures on my site http://www.fishtomoka.com/thenewboat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment